Huntsville Marine is pleased to offer an opening for a Marine Mechanic at our full-service marina. We are conveniently located on Highway 60 and the four-lake chain including Fairy Lake, Lake Vernon, Peninsula Lake and Mary Lake which provides over 40 miles of boating enjoyment.
We are growing, which is why we are pleased as an equal opportunity employer to offer this as a permanent full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits, enrolment in continued education with major marine engine and drive manufacturers as well as company supplied specialty marine tools and equipment.
We want you to join our team if you have: mechanical experience, strong work ethic, attention to detail, good analytical and problem-solving skills and a positive attitude. Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, work well with others and have a clean driving abstract/criminal background check.
- Use of computer and electrical/manufacturer diagnostic software systems
- Diagnosing and repair of engines, all makes, models and sizes and on inboard, outboard and stern drives with accuracy and within expected time frames.
- Prepping boats for the summer season and fall including winterizing and shrink wrapping
- Assembly and rigging of new boats, PDI and test drives which may require some customer interface
- Working outdoors and around water
- Some weekend work required
- Mercury/Mercruiser, Volvo, or any other manufacturer Certification considered an asset
- Valid G or higher Driver’s License
- Boating license
- Experience trailering boats and driving yard equipment
- Experience operating fork lift, tractor and other machinery (Fork Lift Certification an asset. Will provide certification/training otherwise)
- Must be reliable, punctual and ready to work with a positive attitude each and every day, presenting proper dress code as required
- Final compensation will be based on experience and skill.
All applicants must have the ability to get to the marina independently, and must be able to legally work in Ontario, Canada at time of application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour – Compensation will be based upon experience